Saturday, July 1, 2017 (All day) to Sunday, December 31, 2017 (All day)
Advanced Practice Nurses (APRNs) now have an online option to comply with Ohio House Bill 216. The Ohio State College of Nursing has developed two online courses: Advanced Pharmacology Across the Lifespan and Advanced Neonatal Pharmacology. APRNs may choose the course that best suits their needs according to the population they serve.
Meet the new requirements by the December 2017 deadline with one of our convenient, self-paced courses.
- Advanced Pharmacology Across the Lifespan
- Advanced Neonatal Pharmacology
Both courses are priced at just $490.
These courses are designed for maximum interest and flexibility:
- Narrated lectures make material easy to understand
- Handouts available to download and study
- Quizzes are pass/fail and may be retaken until passed
- Easy to take online
- No additional homework required
- Take on your own time
We value our preceptors and want to use this opportunity to say THANK YOU! We are offering reduced rates for preceptors as follows:
- OSU College of Nursing preceptors who have precepted OSU nursing students for a minimum of 250 hours in the last three years (since 5/1/14) will receive a reduced rate of $300.
- OSU College of Nursing preceptors who have precepted OSU nursing students for a minimum of 500 hours in the last three years (since 5/1/14) will receive the course free of charge.
- Any individual who is not currently serving as a preceptor for the OSU College of Nursing will be eligible for the reduced $300 rate if they commit to precepting OSU College of Nursing advanced practice nursing students for a minimum of 250 hours over the next three years, 5/1/17 - 5/1/20.
Contact the Clinical Placement Office at CON-ClinicalPlacement@osu.edu for more information about precepting and the preceptor discout.
Registration is now open for both online courses, which will begin on July 1. Registration and more information may be found at go.osu.edu/HB216.
The Ohio State University College of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.